Contract Position Knoxville, TN $37,440 +
* The Legal Assistant position requires a professional corporate image, both in person and on phone interactions with clients, attorneys, and other staff.
* My client is looking for someone that has transactional background.
* A successful Legal Assistant is resilient, confident, flexible, able to schedule and manage the attorney’s calendar and itinerary, receive and screen callers, prioritize and refer information appropriately, edit documents and prepare them for attorney approval, and maintain records and files.
* The Legal Assistant must be a proven clear thinker, well organized, levelheaded, and solution oriented, as well as being a self-starter, efficient, productive, and able to work well with a team. Knowledge of legal terminology and prior law firm experience is a plus for the position.
The Legal Assistant will have:
- Excellent computer skills, able to learn new and existing systems quickly. Proficient in document management systems, telephones, and Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Exceptional communicator, able to interact with lawyers and clients on a regular basis.
- Resourceful, ability to research, finding information to help / support an attorney or case.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Adaptive, agile, and self-motivated. Able to work under pressure.
- Possess a high degree of creativity and problem-solving abilities.
- Team player, willing to help as needed and volunteer to lead or participate in projects as the need arises and to work amicably and professionally with other staff members.
Legal Assistant will:
- Document preparation – Legal Secretaries often prepare or revise documents that have initially been drafted by either an attorney or paralegal, including legal briefs, court subpoenas, spreadsheets, corporate documents, security documents and other office-related letters. This job duty requires strong typing and dictation skills.
- File management – maintaining client or attorney records and files in an organized, efficient manner, allowing the attorney and law firm to run effectively.
- Document production – photocopying and reproducing documents for attorney and client files, storing documents electronically as needed to eliminate paper files.
- Staff Support – Willingly provide coverage for the receptionist or other Secretaries as the need arises.
- Other – Provide other clerical and administrative duties as requested by the attorneys or firm administrator.
Knoxville, Tennessee 37902
APPLY FOR JOB